Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ah, what a weekend!

My husband came home from an out-of-town trip on Friday, and begged off Saturday's lunch date with my college friends. Aside from one of the husbands who made it to the lunch, but successfully made us feel like it was an all-girl date (not that it mattered, really), all significant others didn't make it. I wouldn't have been there if not for the husband who insisted that the expensive Cafe Marco lunch expenses will not be taken out from the family budget. He said he'll take care of it, and took care of it he did. The lunch lasted until 3:30 in the afternoon. The buffet didn't close until 2:30, and what best ambiance one could have but an endless row of worldwide cuisine; we didn't get out of the restaurant until we really had to.

Being a fan of Cafe Marco's buffet since I had my first bite, I was careful not to overstuff on one dish but made room for the rest, though I am always partial to Japanese food... but, pig out we did, and overstuffed we were. Of course, it was good catching up with the rest of the gang, but the best thing with our friendship is we never really feel the need to catch up just so we'd feel reconnected. It was more of continuing the conversations we've had like the previous one happened only yesterday. And these guys, they always feel like home.

Xofia had a Birthday Party invitation to her cousin Andrei's first birthday on Sunday -- which was another buffet dinner. I already told you how Xofia's a cautious baby. As expected, it took her quite a while to warm up to the rest of the kids in the party. She was about to enjoy herself when the clown entered and grabbed the mic. OK, I wouldn't have minded it had the clown been acting like he really was a clown meant to entertain children, but for the life of me, it was more of a stand-up comedy show meant to entertain grownups while having fun of the children. I understand that I'm ranting now, but the moment the clown grabbed the mic and uttered his first hello, Xofia was bawling. The clown was loud and ugly, and dressed in rags, I too was a bit afraid.

I grabbed Xofia and we took the opportunity to enjoy the afternoon sun outside. Never mind that Xofia won't be stopped from grabbing dried leaves and fallen fruit, and God forbid, cat poop; I was exhausted beyond my wits from simply keeping up with her. She'd run in any direction, beckon me when something interests her, and mumble her toddler-talk while pointing at an object. One particular object she was so interested in was a piece of electrical wire jutting out from a lamppost. And because she got bored waiting for me, she went ahead to play with the colorful wire. I was just in time to stop her from touching the wire, but oh God, I was breathless and my back felt like it was about to give up. Either I'm just tired or plain old -- whatever it was, I no longer cared -- the moment we're home, I hit the bed and took a nap. A cup of barako coffee afterwards sealed the power nap.

How about you, how was your weekend?

1 comments:

iceah October 20, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

wooh! ganyan talaga pag toddler c: hay! can relate c:

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP