Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Butter pecan cookies

The kitchen has always been my refuge. In times that I get super inspired or depressingly low, the kitchen has never failed to give me something to keep the balance. Yeah, OK, I cook or bake mostly at times when I am at the extremes of an emotional pandemonium. It gives me something else to think and care about at the moment--away from whatever that's currently bothering me. And if time won't permit, I leaf through my old recipes and vividly remember the most treasured moments attached to those flavors. Here's one that never fails to trigger those pleasant memories just by looking at the photos and rereading the recipe. I hope this gives you the same warm memories as it did me.

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups chopped roasted pecans
  • 2 sticks or 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
  • 2/3 cups sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Procedure:

  1. Roast the pecan nuts for 1 minute-high in microwave oven. Roughy chop and set aside.
  2. Cream the butter using electric mixer. Add sugar, and cream together.
  3. Add flour, salt and nutmeg. Mix well. Add the lightly beaten eggs and mix well.
  4. Fold in pecans.
  5. Using your bare hands, make a ball of your cookie dough. Arrange in cookie sheets 2 inches apart, and flatten using a fork. Shape the edges if necessary.
  6. Bake in a 175C preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
  7. Serve warm, fresh from the oven.
This is by far, the best butter cookies I've had, and it's not commercially available anywhere. I thought pecan nuts would go well with nutmeg, and I was right. With those portions, you get the right amount of nutmeg aroma and the exquisite flavor of pecan. Just pure cookie heaven.


Take me to HOME COOKING tab

2 comments:

Anonymous October 9, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

Thanks for posting the recipe sis.. I love cookies..

Jeanny October 11, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

That looks good. I have to try this. Thanks for sharing :)

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP