Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I lost yet another househelp, and I'm cheery

Surprise, surprise, the househelp never came back. It's been over a week, and no sight of her. She said she'll be back after a week but she hasn't. So there, I think she just handed her resignation. I should be sad, dejected, but I'm not. I already said I wasn't too happy with her performance anyway, and you know why.

The helps we source from outside of town, we pay for their fare and some pocket money. The arrangement is that the help has to at least stay with us for 6 months and they'll get the fare expenses for free. Sort of an oral contract for the hassle. This girl, she's with us for only 2 months. My gut feel, when she insisted on going after I offered to take her to our dentist, was that she's not coming back. To secure my initial investment, I had her leave her cellular phone.

Now I have an extra cellular phone. Oh, well.

We have started to actively look for helps this week. By and by we'd think of one particular help we so liked but had to go because her husband found a job somewhere in Mindanao. We dismiss the thought as wishful thinking. Nothing that easy could happen, and finding for the right help always is a pain in the behind.

Over lunch with my husband today, I received an SMS from her. Yes, the help who left us to join her husband in Mindanao is in Cebu. I cannot believe my luck, but not wanting to get ahead of myself, I called her up and confirmed.

She said she will be with us after the Halloween. I don't want to preempt, but I am so happy to the point of getting giddy. This doesn't happen all the time. There are very few good employees, and this one definitely is.

2 comments:

SHIELA October 15, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

i remember when i was still there, all the time na lang ga problema sa helper. daghan sa ila walay klaro. it's very rare that you can find a good, honest and faithful to their amo. bu you are still lucky kay makapangita ka og puli. kami diri, wala jud (hilak na lang ko ani sa tago)

iceah October 16, 2008 at 8:04 AM  

true there are still honest people around and don't be surprised but be thankful for that honey c: i am pretty much in need of an angel myself that's what my buddy in college use to call her help and it does bring out the positive side on people c: they are angels and they do help us right c:

am glad your angel will be back soon c: happy for you and Xofia c: mwa! for Xofia there c:

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP