Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cooking stir fry

For the longest time, we didn’t eat yard-long beans stir-fry. The ones that usually end up in the buffet table are soggy, rubbery and has a distinct smell which just doesn’t sit well with my olfactory. When I finally learned some tricks on stir-frying, I tried cooking the dish; and what do you know, the husband who used to snub stir-fry yard long beans gobbled everything up. The stir-fry was crisp but cooked-through, devoid of any unpleasant smell, and the meat was well-seared and browned. This is why:

  • The meat that will go with the vegetable dish was cooked separately to sear and retain it's freshness. It was then added a few seconds before turning off the stir-fry heat.
  • The stir-fry was cooked with the most heat my trusty La Germania stove can handle.
  • The wok was heated at its maximum before the oil was poured.
  • The oil was heated until it changes consistency before anything was sauteed.
  • Two turners were used in stirring the vegies so as to distribute equal heat on every slice.
That's it. Pretty simple yet those tricks can bring a lot of difference on your stir-fry dishes. Just remember to test the done-ness of your vegies from time to time as different vegies have different cooking time. When stir-frying different vegies, start with those that take longer to cook.

Goodbye to soggy stir-fries, here's to crisp, fast and delicious vegetable dishes.


Take me to HOME COOKING tab

image from http://sapsiamfood.com/

4 comments:

DebbieDana October 16, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

Hi there! I clicked the link you provided but it was so slow I can't open it...

I am very interested to see and read more about your vegetable dishes... :)

Purpled Sky October 16, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

Hi Debbie! Try clicking on the Home Cooking link below the header, that should land you in the same page with the link.

Kateedyd October 17, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

MMMMMMMM!!!!!! I LOVE those beans!!!!! So much that I started to try to grow my own...not much success yet. LOL!

Unknown October 22, 2008 at 5:55 AM  

This is my daughter's favorite. Gisang batong. I jsut hope she stays on eating batong forever. Kids change their eating habits as they grow older they say.

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP