Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Sunday, October 26, 2008

I have my family

With everybody's net worth dropping faster than ever, I can't help but get worried, as in REALLY worried.

  • Is this the best time to buy a new couch? Maybe ours can still last another year before it breaks into two?
  • Shall I stick with Gerber, which costs thrice than the Cerelac brand?
  • Do we need to distribute our bank accounts to several banks? Not that we have plenty, but by default, the depositor is insured up to P250K only.
  • Do I give up my monthly bonding time with my college friends? Yes, we agreed to pamper ourselves together, at least once a month.
  • What about Xofia's diaper brand? Shall I switch to a cheaper one?
  • Do we have to cut back on going out? What about Xofia's exposure to different kinds of people?
  • My Friday dates with husband, does that have to go, too?
Sigh. Instead of thinking all those things, I think of happy thoughts and realize how lucky I am to:
  • Still afford the mortgage with my family intact, with nobody needing to go abroad to work.
  • Not have to pay for gas most of the time.
  • Still afford my daughter's well-baby visits and vaccines.
  • Have a loving husband who's a doting father and a good provider.
  • Have the happiest, goofiest and sweetest daughter, and is the easiest to take care of.
  • Have free internet courtesy of our friendly neighborhood wi-fi provider. Whoever you are, I'd like to thank you and let you know that you are such a good person for not blocking us from using your internet. Be assured that this translates to lots of good deed tickets in heaven (I think) and I promise not to harm your network, not that I know how to do that; and leave you in peace even if I can see your computer from the device list sometimes.
  • Have a nanny who doesn't mind doing the extra work in the absence of another helper.
  • Know how to cook such that we don't have to go to a fancy restaurant whenever we crave something delicious.
  • Live in the heart of the city where everything is practically near and doesn't need a long drive, thus saving up on gas.
  • Have friends who prefer house party and my cooking rather than eating out and paying extra for the food and ambiance.
  • Still afford to pay the electricity bill without turning off the AC.
  • Have the best in-laws who make it a point to bring us fresh produce from Ormoc every time they're in town.
  • Have a sister who's always ready and willing to help out whenever we need something.
We may be needing to tighten our belts in these hard times, perhaps do a handful of things I enumerated above, but still, I am thankful. I have my family, and that is saying a lot.

5 comments:

SHIELA October 27, 2008 at 5:57 AM  

you are a very lucky girl. me helper, afford almost everything at higit sa lahat nasa pinas. kelan ko pa kaya afford sis na dyan na kami. hindi yata namin kaya.

Purpled Sky October 27, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

Sis, maka-afford kay tihik man pud :-) We don't splurge on something we don't see ourselves using it immediately. And, yeah, I am really really thankful na kaya pa namo ang Pinas. I dread for the day na we can't afford to live in the Phils anymore. The prices here are in skyrocketing high, only our salaries remain as they are. Sad.

MaricrisG October 28, 2008 at 12:28 AM  

Eversince the economy started failing in the US, I have lost my flair for shopping. If I shop it should be REALLY REALLY important that I should buy it. I decided that I will not die if I don't get anything new for right now. Better to save the money for rainy days! hay, hirap ng buhay no kahit nasaan ka?

Anonymous October 29, 2008 at 12:36 AM  

bru, if you have more than 250k in one bank, mas mabuti to deposit the other money sa ibang bank. just to be on the safe side kasi nga 250k lang ang insured.

Jena Isle October 29, 2008 at 9:53 PM  

Hi,

Yes, we must look at the brighter side of everything, because there will always be one, no matter how grim the occurrence would be.

Thanks for sharing.

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP