Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Friday, August 29, 2008

Weekly Question: Nighttime Beauty Ritual

I have been wanting to join Teacher Julie's Weekly Question like 48 years ago. Then almost at the same time, my daily life got me so busy I never had the chance to do anything much online. This week, I just couldn't pass it up. I had to sit down and talk about.... ta-daaa.... nighttime beauty ritual!

weeklyquestions2.jpg

What are your facial or beauty regimens that you do before you go to sleep?

I was not really that particular when taking care of my skin. Not a year ago, I didn't even bother with moisturizers. I felt like dipping my face with grease everytime I put on moisturizers. As long as I kept my face clean, I was at ease. Thank God I am at the oily side, the wrinkles kept at bay.

Then the reality of years piling up in my hips will undoubtedly show in my face. I had to face that fact before the physical evidence shows. I then hurriedly began my search for non-greasy moisturizers. I didn't know I was only being too lazy shopping anything for my face. There really were non-greasy moisturizers in the market, HA!

To keep my skin acne-free, I wash my face first, then put on moisturizers. To keep my skin soft and smooth, I exfoliate using Mary Kay products once a week, twice if I feel like it. Every other day, I cleanse with Clinique Pore Minimizer Thermal Active. The most important thing is that I moisturize twice a day, in the morning, and at night. It also helps that my moisturizer is 15 SPF. I couldn't imagine putting on moisturizer, then sunblock next.

For the rest of my skin, I exfoliate once a month, and moisturize everyday.

6 comments:

Anonymous August 30, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

my turn to join you in my tag c:

Anonymous August 30, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

I wash with water and wipe my face on my wife's night gown. I smile and I go to sleep... ;)

Anonymous August 31, 2008 at 12:32 AM  

Thanks for answering the WQ, its ok if you are busy, I understand, that's why I just email the questions,no need for you guys to go to my site for the questions :)

Thanks for sharing your nightly facial rituals, maybe I should read up on the products that you have mentioned :)

Hope you have a great weekend! The next one will be up in a while.

Anonymous September 1, 2008 at 12:00 AM  

it's different here in tropical countries because it's not that cold at night though some really need moisturizers after washing and before going to bed at night. c:

Reanaclaire September 1, 2008 at 12:21 AM  

hello.. how are u? your name is pretty familiar to me.. anyway, wish u good days ahead and keep smiling.. cheers..

MaricrisG September 2, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

I always wash my face before going to bed because our face is naturally greasy at the end of the day. That's why we don't need additional greasy moisturizers, like you say, anymore. I also (if not lazy) make it a point to put moisturizer before I go to bed. I usually use either Jason Organics Ester C creme or Avalon Organics Vitamin C. Helps with dryness especially during winter.

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP