Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dating 101

image from http://www.naturalsciences.org/


Dating. Contrary to what most believed and continue to believe, I am not an expert on the field. Believe me though, I am no prude, that much I can tell you LOL I'm a late-bloomer by choice. I never started dating until when I was 20. I had to finish college first, that was the agreement me and my father shook hands on. *Yeah, ammagoodgurl*

Thanks, Mharms, for the tag! :-)

Players: Ozzy’s Mom | Me,Myself + 2 | Kidd Designs | Fun.Fierce.Fabulous | Me and Mine | Little Peanut | Pea in a Pod | Creative in Me | Notable Bistro | Sugarmagnolias |Around the World | Eds Mommy Life | My Precious Niche | Just Me.. Eds | Pinaywife | Mhar’s Display | Purpled Sky | YOUR BLOG

1. When was your first kiss and where?
..::.. I was twenty, by the door, it was a goodnight kiss :P

2. When was your first real relationship and how long did it last?
..::.. I'd have to say nothing was real until when I met my now-husband. We're on our 8th year of togetherness now.

3. What age were you allowed to date?
..::.. Hahay, 20! LOL

4. What’s the craziest thing you did (for love) when you were a teenager?
..::.. I did not date when I was a teenager. I had to get pass the teenage years to be able to date.

5. How long was your longest relationship and what’s the secret?
..::.. Eight years. We complement and compliment each other. Is that saying much to ya? :-))

6. How long did you date before you decided to settle down?
..::.. five years

7. How did you know he was the ONE?
..::.. This was an answer I gave to a friend when he asked me a similar question:

for starters, i never had a suitor who's as persistent (5 years wooing) as he is; i have learned that the man is of character and principles and intellect and humor; i have never known anybody who's as patience and tenacity are like his; he knows my moods and how to handle them perfectly--i'm a gemini--i think that speaks a lot about me; he spoils me silly in whatever ways imaginable; he loves my somewhat dysfunctional family; gives me enough room to commit mistakes and learn from them; he allows me to be whatever i wanna be (mind you, sometimes i wanna be a gymnast or diva or synchronized swimmer, or Xena... ;P get the pic?); he doesn't say all the right words but his is the most warm and sincere and loving; he treats his female family members like royalty -- and that tells you a lot about how a guy treats all other girls in his life; i can't imagine living this life with anybody else other than him; and i can see myself growing old with the man.

8. Now, at what age will you allow your kids(s) to date?
..::..At 20! Because really, if they consider this late, I'd tell them they won't be missing much. Dating in teenage years is overrated, and they might end up messing up their lives.

9. When it comes to your kids dating, will you be a cool parent or a strict parent?
..::.. My gut feel about people is rarely wrong. What I'm saying here is that I'd be whatever I'd be depending on how I feel towards the people they're dating.

10. What piece of advice can you give to your child when they start dating?
..::.. Enjoy the experience, know yourself more on the process, know your limitations, never forget the lessons learned in every experience, and above all, don't settle down when you have as much as 0.01% doubt about the whole thing. Oh, this is gonna be a veeery long lecture session.

Passing this fun tag to Faery Rowan, Shiela, and Catherine. Enjoy, girls! :-)


2 comments:

faeryrowan August 19, 2008 at 1:08 PM  

Thanks for the tag, ati. Finally did it. :)

Mharms August 20, 2008 at 6:10 AM  

kakatuwa naman toh :)

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP