Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pesto Chicken and Pine Nuts

I know I can substitute, but for this instance I'd like to be a "nut" snob.

I have only a tablespoon of pine nuts left. And I don't have the vaguest idea when my next pack will arrive. I'm not buying them locally, they are priced ridiculously high, I'm afraid I'd gag eating my pesto. Yes, I rely on a balikbayan box my sister is sending me. Until that box arrives, I'm keeping my tablespoon of pine nuts as security blanket -- which my husband wisely advised.

The little pine nuts I have is what's left of the latest batch of pesto sauce I whipped up. It's not summer here, but hey, this is one of the best things living in the tropics -- I can have basil anytime of the year.

And because this is my husband's favorite, and I only get to pamper him through my cooking, this is the first dish I made with the batch. It's simple and fast, and super delish; and you can do this half asleep. :P

Creamy Pesto Chicken Recipe

  • 2 chicken breast fillet, quartered and sliced
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
Prepare chicken slices thick or thin enough for a quick pan fry. Season with salt. Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Fry chicken slices until brown on parts.
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, grated
  • 1/4 cup chicken stock
  • 1/4 cup creamer
  • 3 tbsp pesto sauce
  • pinch of salt
In the same pan, heat olive oil. Saute garlic. Once fragrant, pour in stock. Bring to a soft boil. Add creamer little by little, stirring as you do. Turn off heat; then add pesto sauce. Season with salt.

Place the pan-fried chicken slices onto the pan and turn the heat back on. Coat the chicken slices with sauce. Once the sauce starts boiling again, turn off heat.


I wish I had a pic to show but nah! I made this early in the morning half of my faculties are still asleep. Just imagine chicken slices browned on parts smothered with creamy pesto sauce. Heaven!


Take me to HOME COOKING tab

5 comments:

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

gosh the recipe sounds sooo delicious! i am a fan of pesto and pine nuts and i am gonna try it out. thanks for sharing, dear.

caffeinated muse February 19, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

having personally sampled sky's chicken pesto, i can guarantee it IS uber-yummy. nom nom nom!

Purpled Sky February 20, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

@constance -- i also get inspirations from your food blog :-) enjoy your pesto!

@muse -- padungag pusta ay! hehehehee! thanks, ati!

Anonymous February 25, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

hi purpled sky, that sounds so delicious and easy to make. maybe i can cook it one day. thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous March 3, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

Sounds Yummy.. Thanks for the share :)

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP