Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Thursday, February 12, 2009

So Soon, Girl?

I didn't expect for her to visit me again this soon.

Yes, I'm calling my migraine a "her" because for whatever it's worth, she has the temperament and a personality of a female.

She makes her presence known by gently throbbing at my head--which of course goes unnoticed (maybe I were a man, then?). Then she'd start her tantrum, this time not so gently, covering one part of my head, and if I'm not so lucky, the back, too.

Because I still deny that it was her again, I drink coffee. Now, unlike me, she loathes coffee.

I try to justify that maybe it was because I'm hungry from drinking too much coffee. "Stupid!" I can almost hear her.

So she gives me nausea and I start to vomit. But I can't, she won't let me. No matter how hard I try, no barf comes out. "Tease!" I shout back at her.

"That's what you get from ignoring me!" she said with finality.

5 comments:

MaricrisG February 13, 2009 at 5:54 AM  

So sorry to hear this. Does your migraine headaches appear on the onset of your period? To me it does. I'd be lucky if I dodge the bullet every month. Or when the weather is overcast, often that not, it will instigate a headache. Hope yours get better soon. Take it easy.

Constance Chan February 13, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

oh dear.. migraine is terrible.. i used to have it years ago, miraculously mine disappeared..

Purpled Sky February 13, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

I'm on a 7-day medication. If after this I still get episodes, off to MRI I go. The doc said it's the next step. Gotta see what's in there, eh?

Lesley February 13, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

So sorry...I have never had them...but I have friends who do....I hope she goes away on a long vacation....somewhere where she'll get detained for public nuisance....

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com February 25, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

I'm so sorry you suffer from them, too. I find that a cold compress on the base of my neck plus meds and sleep help mine....not always available, I know!

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP