Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Night, night! Don't let the bedbugs bite!

I have very, very sensitive skin. At least that's how my dermatologist describes my affliction. Yesterday, I finally went and saw a doctor. (Oh, congratulate me!) And because of the type of skin that I have, I am now to follow a strict skincare routine twice a day. Aside from that, I am to stay away from almost everything that this polluted world is basking in.

I have always wondered why I get welts so easily, why insects seem to see/smell me and make me their first victim in a crowd of hundreds. Either I smell really good (move over, Bella Swan) or I'm just totally unlucky. Among other sites, I consider bedbugbites.com an additional treasure when it comes to guides on bugs and insects. The site provides a lot of information about bed bugs, how to treat them and prevent them. Because bites differ from one person to another, they also provide pictures of bed bug bites to help you identify if what you got is really a bed bug's doing.

I don't want to come to a point where I have to worry how to treat the bites, heaven forbid, I need to know exactly how to identify if we have bed bugs at home. Once I get the bite, the welts will then develop into something terribly ugly. I then use lotions or creams, which in turn, irritates my skin and I'd get flare ups. So either I stop the bugs from getting close to me, or I pray I see them first and kill them before they get close to me. (Oh, I mean bugs, bugs. Not people). And if the unlucky me gets bitten, I can only use the most natural treatment devoid of any allergen. Ah, it's a blast to be me!

6 comments:

MaricrisG January 14, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

oh I'm so sorry to hear this. It must be very crazy to have this skin allergy. Btw, come join me tom for DeCode wednesday if you can.

Maricris
Zen Ventures
Tosty Brown

iceah January 17, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

kamusta na c: been awhile since I visited c: hi little Xofia c:

Anonymous January 19, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

gosh i hate bedbugs... they are difficult to get rid of, the only way is to throw out the whole bed!

MammaDawg January 19, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

omg - how awful! I'll pray with you that you'll be able to seem them first to kill them off (the bugs - lol)

BTW - you had me crackin' up with that:

"Move over, Bella Swan."

Loooooove it!

Umma January 20, 2009 at 3:14 AM  

I hate bed bugs too... I experienced this kind of dilemma when I went to NY and stayed in one hotel..I will never stay in that place forever.

iceah January 20, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

same here c: I also have sensitive skin :c

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP