Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Made.In.China

Say again?



This was from the box that one of my french presses came with. Aside from the lead and melamine issues, I simply love Chinese products. They're cheap, functional, and they provide entertainment -- a value-add to customers if you, like me, enjoy cheap thrills.

In this lifetime, I've mourned over the demise of 3 french presses. For coffee drinkers like me, a coffee press is an important thing. Of course, there's drip coffee maker. But aside from consuming so much electricity, they separate the oil from the coffee making the drink less, uhm, full. Oil makes the flavor really really bold and aromatic. It also maximizes calorie content. Filtering coffee beans in the coffee-making process just strips off the fun of enjoying full, bold, calorie-filled drink. Coffee press brings all that back in. Ah, little joys.

Since I've lost every single press I've had, the husband and I thought of buying several at one time. It is his ardent belief that if you store several pieces of presses, the one you're currently using will not break. I am willingly subscribing to the belief, dutiful wife that I am! Currently, we have 3 french presses. All are proudly Made in China. Because they're cheap, they serve the purpose, and they make me look like a supportive wife without dishing out thousands of pesos for a Starbucks or a Coffee Bean press. Those from these two are just outrageously expensive.

Oh, if you're looking for a press, Metro Gaisano at Ayala Center has plenty. You're welcome to hoard.

4 comments:

MammaDawg January 22, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

Oh wow! I'll have to remember that if we ever get to buying one - especially since my tolerance level for caffeine is finally getting better!

MaricrisG January 23, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

We love our coffee presses! We have like 3 big ones and 2 small ones! grabeh noh?

Anonymous January 24, 2009 at 2:59 AM  

Coffee is one of my passions. I stopped it when I was pregnant but have been recently reunited with my love. :)

Umma January 24, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

I dont drink coffee ..my hubby does..I guess I only tried couple of times drinking coffee when I was forced to try it once...hahaha. dont know why I just dont like the taste..

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP