Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Xofia's home and well

Finally, Xofia got discharged from the hospital Friday. We were finally out of the place that had been our home for the last week. Nothing can beat sleeping in your own bed, pooping in your own toilet and can you believe it, I actually missed cleaning the house! The moment we got home, I rearranged the furniture in the living room, and drag the husband to buy a vacuum cleaner. Today, I vacuumed the whole house. You wouldn't believe the dust! I've also been cooking the whole time. I always miss cooking, no question about that. And tomorrow, we'll be hosting a potluck lunch with friends. I'll be serving appetizers (he, he!) But was tasked to cook the binagoongang baboy by my beautiful friend Faith.

When cough is coupled with fever, it's always not a good sign. We brought Xofia to the clinic on Wednesday, and that's when her pedia diagnosed her with mild pneumonia. There were ralls but very, very faintly still. We brought home a mild antibiotic but she did not respond to that. Turns out the bacteria that caused her pneumonia was of stronger strain. By Friday, there were ralls from both lungs. In the ER, I bailed out the moment they had to insert a needle into Xofia's vein. I just can't stand watching my daughter in pain, so I stayed outside bawling like a girl. Gosh!

The first IV antibiotic given to her caused her watery stools, so we had to change to a stronger medicine. By Thursday this week, she was able to tolerate the oral antibiotic that would replace the IV. Right now, she's back to teasing me and keeping me busy shielding the keyboard from her. It was so difficult, how, for so long, she didn't smile, and I kept my silly self from crying everytime she's in pain.

5 comments:

Anonymous November 8, 2008 at 11:58 PM  

It's sooo hard when our little ones are ill and we can't alleviate the pain. Not silly at all - just a loving mom who wishes she could make her baby girl all better.

Glad you guys are back from the hospital - it must mean she IS getting better, especially if she's started to respond to you. I hope she gets back to 100% soon - welcome back!!

tashabud November 9, 2008 at 2:36 AM  

Hello Purpled Sky,
I remember the days when my kids were little. I also had the feeling of helplessness each time they got sick. When my son got stitches for his cuts that he received from playing or riding bikes, my husband had to be the one with him because I couldn't stomach watching him get stitched. It's good that your daughter is well now. Pneumonia on young children is very bad. If not treated immediately, it's often fatal. So, it's good that she's cured. Enjoy your get-together.

Thanks for reading and commenting at my blog. Thanks also for responding to my comments at Jena Isle's blog.

tasha

caffeinated muse November 10, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

welcome back home, baby xofie! :D

Constance Chan November 10, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

wish xofia get well soon and a hug and kiss from me too.

my girls are both coughing now too. prob cos i pass it to them since i've been coughing for two weeks.

Suzie November 10, 2008 at 11:39 PM  

Its so hard when your child's in the hospital. I feel your pain I really do. Im so glad shes home now

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP