Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Friday, November 14, 2008

Sometimes, I rant

I am only human; I also dislike some personalities.

And it's a total weird situation when a certain someone asked me if I could contribute to this person's (inadvertently, the one I don't like) project. The person who asked me didn't know my private feelings over this other person; so tell me, how do you politely decline to help?

I am also human; if people ask me for help, I'd do what I can. But I am not a hypocrite and I suck at sucking up and pretending everything's well and dandy when in fact I'd rather live in a place where annoying, insecure people mind their own businesses and I mind my own. (I know, too long, run-on sentence; sue me!)

But for the record, I do not hate annoying people. I merely dislike them. Annoying people are a challenge. They continually pry me out of my resolve to always take the high road. :P

Thank God for close friends and husbands. Otherwise, I won't have anybody to listen to me rant about these annoying people. I need to release the pent-up energy, you know, and trees are very unresponsive sometimes. I like a little interaction.

Now, back to my point. I don't want to have to do anything with this person, but I cannot say no to this someone who asked me. Something wrong with me?

8 comments:

Anonymous November 15, 2008 at 3:10 AM  

No, nothing is wrong with you. You're a normal person with a normal reaction.

Do whatever you want to do, as long as you know it is right.

By the way I have awarded you at my blog as I consider you one the blogs that I read. Do pick it up. Cheers.

Anonymous November 16, 2008 at 12:40 AM  

Oh girl - say no, say "I'm sorry, but I just won't be able to."

Nothing's wrong with you - you probably just want to be able to help wherever you can. But life is short and there aren't enough hours in the day - so why not invest that time in something that you DO care about. Something that matter to YOU.

No need to give a piece of your life away to something you don't believe in.

It took me a while to learn this lesson myself... and now I just tell myself - for everything I say yes to, I'm saying no to my family.

That little sentence right there has helped bring me some balance.

Good luck girl!!

iceah November 16, 2008 at 9:06 AM  

glad Xofias fine c:

MaricrisG November 16, 2008 at 11:50 AM  

SO sorry to hear things are not looking good. I hope u feel better soon!

SHIELA November 17, 2008 at 3:39 AM  

it means that you are a good girl. if it is me sorry na lang sya :)

Zeee November 17, 2008 at 5:33 AM  

There's nothing wrong with "can't saying no" but sometimes you have to simply "say no."

I used to be like that but I had to stand up for what I believe in. I can't be plastic and I hate sucking up.

I hope everything is fine.

Constance Chan November 18, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

yes, even if you don't want to do a certain something your not saying no or object is because you're too nice inside.

but some people can be very upfront with it. you can change but it is not you. sometimes i too deliver a little white lie instead of making someone unhappy.

DebbieDana November 19, 2008 at 2:10 AM  

Just like what the others commented, nothing's wrong with you. You're just human like you said, and you're just reacting to what's going on. But we can't help it, isn't it, when there's alot of people out there who doesn't know how to mind their own business? It is really annoying!

Hope you feel better now. :)

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP