Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Monday, August 3, 2009

I forgot to pay?!?!

I feel so utterly, utterly helpless.

I was confused beyond reason why my card was declined for the last week I used it. Good thing I always carry cash specifically for times like these.

I thought maybe the card is damaged in some way. I sometimes knowingly put the card and cellphone together in one pouch, that's why.

And because I know no other way why my card is declined when I am still way way below my credit limit, I called Customer Service.

Me: Miss, kindly check what's wrong with my card? It got declined twice already.
CS: Ma'am, your card is temporarily blocked because you haven't paid your previous bill yet.
Me: How can that be? I did not receive my bill at all!
CS: But it was sent successfully in your email, Ma'am.
Me: Can you send me again my bill?
CS: No Ma'am, we're not allowed. You have to dig back in your email if it's there, or I can start the request now which will take 2-3 working days.
Me: Oh, never mind. That will be all.

After hours of pondering and killing myself for the mishap, I still can't reconcile it. Imagine that! Me, as OC as I am, FORGOT TO PAY A BILL!

My records show that I did receive the bill and all entries checked out. Which the anal me would then print it, prepare the money, and hand both to the husband for payment.

Apparently, as records show, I only came to the part where I checked the entries out and not really sure if I printed the bill or not. Sadly, my calendar shows nothing to reassure my damaged psyche.

It's simply irreconcilable!

I called Customer Service back and asked if I really have to pay the Finance Charge. Yes, I have to pay because it’s a legitimate charge. Don’t they give chances to first time mishaps? (I know, pathetic!) She wishes she could, but she’s sorry. If I threaten to cut my credit with them, will they now forgo the charge?

Of course I did not say that last line. I figured my mishap, I’m owning it up, and I’m paying it up!

Wait till I get home and check my records.

2 comments:

peenkfrik August 21, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

In my case, all my bills get lost in the mail so I always need to call CS. And I'm getting tired of it.

Yvon Thea September 7, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

try enrolling your credit card online so you don't have to wait for the statement. sometimes, the due date is already up before you receive your billing and that costs you late payment fees and other finance charges. by enrolling online, you can check you card balance anytime and anywhere.

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP