Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Changing nannies again

The other day, our little household went on a little restructuring. Though we've known this for quite some time now (the nanny was kind enough to let us know beforehand that she intends to leave), it was still full of uncertainty. Sadly, something that's unavoidable.

The nanny told us that she wanted to go home. She didn't provide a reason, we didn't demand. Boredom, probably. Boredom is cruel when it eats you up, and you have nowhere to go to avoid it. Being eighteen is difficult, how much more being eighteen and staying in one place for the longest time. Who knows, really?

As for me not stopping her from going, I have reasons I prefer to keep. As soon as she said she wanna quit, I hastily looked for replacement. My Mama was always there to help me out with helper issues. By about a week, I have a replacement ready. I told her she can go home anytime she wants now. And added that I'm not hurrying her up, that she can finish the next 15 days to have her salary intact. She did stay until the 15th... and beyond. We were actually wondering if she ever intends to leave, which drove me to start worrying. Hell, I can't have three helpers in such a tiny household!

She finally went home the other day. I am here hoping that Xofi learns to have fun with her Ate Ai-Ai and forget her Ate Lanie, fast.

Househelps, you can never really tell what's going on in their minds. And you can only be so good to them that you'll never know where you went wrong that made them wanna go. Well, at least that one lasted for over 1 and a half years.

1 comments:

DebbieDana August 27, 2009 at 11:26 PM  

Hi there sis, musta na? Life in the Philippines is much easier than here in the states... You can always have a nanny there but here....do it on your own....Nanny or baby sitting here in expensive!

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP