Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Friday, September 2, 2011

Tomato-Based Pinoy Beef Stew

I used to shun beef in my cooking. Mainly because I don't have the patience to wait for an hour or so just to cook the meat to a tender. Also because I can't find a good beef meat provider, until after Rustan's opened in Ayala and S&R.  The price of beef cuts is also a minor drawback. During this pregnancy, I don't know why but I've been craving beef mostly so the price concern flew off the door to pamper my preggy self. So, to overcome the first obstacle which is impatience on my part, I'll have the help cook the beef to a tender in a simple linagang baka style. When I get home at night, I'd whip up a 15-minute beef stew in varying bases. This one's Tomato-Based Pinoy Beef Stew.

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 5 cloves garlic, pressed and peeled
  • 1 med-sized onion, chopped
  • 3 med-sized tomatoes chopped
  • 2 med-sized potatoes, peeled and sliced
  • 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
  • 1 small can whole peeled tomatoes
  • half a small can of liver pate
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1 lb pre-cooked to a tender beef cubes
  • salt

  1. In a big saucepan, heat the oil and saute garlic and onion until translucent.
  2. Add the tomatoes.
  3. When tomato peel start to peel off, add the potatoes.
  4. Cover and cook potatoes for about 3 minutes.
  5. Add the whole peeled tomatoes, mash while mixing well.
  6. Add beef broth, liver pate and carrots. I always add the carrots towards the end of my cooking because I like them a bit crunchy. Let simmer.
  7. Add beef cubes and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
  8. Add salt to taste.
Pretty easy, eh? As long as you have an already tender meat to work with. Consume in moderate amounts and be mindful of those arthritic joints.



Take me to HOME COOKING tab

0 comments:

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP