Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My endless battle with househelp staffing

I have right now a gay househelp. I don't have issues of him being gay, I have issues of him meddling affairs and creating fictional stories just to rouse the humdrum of daily househelp life. The house is too small for two drama queens. I am the crowned drama queen, so by gosh, he has to realize that and move over. I intend to let him go soonest. I just need to find a replacement.

The nanny, I like. However, young as she is, she wanted to go home and rest. When asked if what she's doing at our house is tiring, she said no, that her chores are very light. Now, help me understand that.

I also have reports that these two aren't getting along very smoothly. I think my emotional capacity right now is only about enough to accommodate one kid, not another two overgrown babies who are not mine!

Ergo, I'm letting them both go. We're getting tired of hiring word-of-mouths, husband and I decided to hit the agencies. I don't expect that my battle ends here, for surely, it will only end when my daughter goes to highschool. Or we decided to have more kids, when all these kids go to highschool. Or better yet, when I give up my corporate life and stay at home.

We'd probably hire just one stay-in nanny, and a stay-out laundry woman. The people at home better do their share of household chores.

3 comments:

Pinay Mommy Online July 15, 2010 at 3:03 PM  

I don't have a house help right now. It seems that they are leaving Bacolod for Manila always. :(

Mommy, pa edit pala feeds ko sa sidebar mo kasi old pa yan when I was in blogspot. Delete tapos add lang ma OK na sya.

alven July 19, 2010 at 7:57 AM  

No to agencies dai. I've had experienced 3 agency nannies, and gawd, they had attitude problems you don't want to deal with.

The last one was actually buotan, but she got married to an architect. Before she left, she told us specifically not to get nannies from agencies anymore. ALL nannies are told to go after the 4th month (by that time, the agency doesn't have a duty to replace the nanny they placed anymore)

And get this, that's 3 nannies in 4 months!

You wouldn't want to go there.

Purpled Sky July 21, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

@bunot -- i did not get one from an agency, i felt they didn't really listen to my need/specifications. sigean kog pa-interviewhon ug way ayo. I got one from LERRIXX tho. it's a livelihood organization. different from manpower pooling, their helps' families are mostly beneficiary of their programs. sponsorhip is 3k for 1 year. I got a good feeling on this one, hope i'm not mistaken.

@Mommy Ruby -- I will mommy, as soon as i have the time. promise!

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP