Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Monday, December 22, 2008

Yummy Bora sand, come have a spoonful!

For those who aren't from the Philippines, or those who aren't familiar/heard of Boracay, click on the link and drool away. The Bora is reason enough why Filipinos should love this country. The feel of its sand moved me to tears and I can't understand why some people still throw their cigarette butts anywhere when there are receptacles especially for it around the beach.

Anyway, if the powdery white sand had me emotional, I never thought of it to be edible. Only Xofia can harbor thoughts like that. She tastes everything these days.



O.M.G.

OK, so evidently, I panicked. I sent the guilt-stricken husband running for bottled water... to down the sand with? I don't know, because I really don't know what I'd do that minute. Xofia seemed to be wondering, though, why her Mom and Dad panicked when she's having a grand time. I brushed off whatever I can from her mouth, which she refused (she bit me when I tried poking a finger inside her mouth). After a while, when we thought everything has been forgotten, her Daddy took a swim, and I was left with her. Then ever so calmly, she placed another handful of Bora sand into her mouth! My jaw dropped.

See, I told you it must be tasty, she's gotta have seconds.

But I was dead worried. What will happen to my baby now? Well, Haitian eat cookies made of clay, but maybe that's different. Will the sand go through the usual digestive process? Will it harm Xofia? The husband read somewhere that too much sand ingestion will cause diarrhea. We waited. She pooped good the next day (in her bikini, nonetheless).

See, Mom? Nothing to worry, really.


All's well, then. A piece of heaven right here. What more can I ask for?


Happy third anniversary to us, Langga!


7 comments:

Unknown December 24, 2008 at 7:07 AM  

You have a beautiful family!

caffeinated muse December 24, 2008 at 11:38 AM  

oyyyyy
happy anniversary, langga! :D
hihihi

Purpled Sky December 24, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

@WaH Mom-- thanks! You know I love your site? I've been a lurker there for quite some time. One of these days, I'd leave a comment -- I just need time to warm up (I'm shy! hehe)

@muse-- Merry Christmas, baby (from Bongkie)

Jena Isle December 27, 2008 at 10:51 PM  

Happy anniversary too. You have an adorable baby. Happy new year.

Anonymous January 3, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

Belated happy anniv! And belated Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

:)

DebbieDana January 9, 2009 at 4:46 AM  

Happy belated anniversary to you and your husband!

Made me smile when I watched the video, hehe! Toodlers really put everything they can reach in their mouths. Anyway, Xofia looks so cute in her bikini!

And yes...Boracay is beautiful!!

Anonymous January 15, 2009 at 6:19 AM  

hi, happy new year.
how i wish i am in bora right now. our temperature is going to drop tonight to below zero degrees. super cold here and icy.

i am just wishful thinking...

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP