Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Friday, September 19, 2008

Under construction?

OK, time for confessions...

I liked my old layout, please don't hate me. I know it was cheesy, and pa-cute but I LOVE green and it was easy on the eyes. Plus those little daisies on the header? They always make my day. But then the two column layout just did not serve well with my purpose. I'm sure lots of bloggers understand my sentiment on this one.

SO I went layout hunting with the Faery. We found this cool layout, with easy-on-the-eye colors and promised to be totally customizable. I excitedly tried the layout in my test blog but encountered error upon saving. I am not the most patient girl, so I tried it in my actual blog. It worked, alright. But I'm not ready to do the tweaking just yet, which was a lot, so I decided to revert to my old layout. Next thing I knew, I was palpitating and palms were sweating cold beads of liquid. Blogger simply refused to load my XML back in! My blog, and my widgets, all gone!!! What's a CSS-ignorant blogger to do when she's told the problem was inside her XML file? Panic. That's what I did. And when I panic I shut up. It took awhile before I regained my composure.

First thing I did was to keep my blog from showing up publicly. And since I was already in a deep hole (alt-text here), I had no choice but climb out of the craphole of my own making: manually putting in my 3 sets of blogroll, widgets and all the other things behind the scene. It was one helluva work. My consolation is that I now have a 3-6 column layout, and a customizable header. Of course, I took that photo in the header, and mighty proud of it.

No doubt, there's still a lot of work to be done 'round here, but here's hoping you'll like my new layout.

PS: If you used to be in my blogroll, and can't find your name here, let me know and I'll link you up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------




1 comments:

Anonymous September 20, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

i kinda like this new lay out, but then again, i'm a guy.

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP