Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The search for the perfect green tea

And so it has come to a point that I literally drag my friends to the nearby mall in pretense that they need to buy something. This muse actually asked me what she will be buying. I replied. She consented. But I had to admit as well that I wanted to buy green tea and a teapot. Smirk, smirk. Good thing these girls are pretty and smirks don't deform their faces as smirks should.

I wanted loose tea leaves, I don't want the ones that come in bags. Largely because I wanted to use my one-dollar teapot. I wanted Japanese green tea, heard they're much better than Chinese. I really don't know, I am at the mercy of what people tell me. This is the first time I went green tea hunting. I have always been a Chai tea fanatic. Then somebody told me green tea has more advantages than any other tea. So here I am, gullible me.

Back in the supermarket, I had the most difficult task. I cannot read Chinese/Korean/Japanese characters. How am I going to know that the tea I picked up is not for "sexual performance" (yeah, i read that at the back of a tea label). I wanted a simple green tea. Chinese or Japanese or Korean, it doesn't matter now, just simple green tea. The sales attendants weren't able to offer much help, they're as ignorant as I am. So I ended up taking the pack that has "Green Tea" in the label. It looked generic, and comes with a simple plastic packaging. At least I was sure it was green tea. Fearing that I might not like the taste, I grabbed the trusted Twinnings brand of Green Tea and Mint.

I have yet to taste the generic green tea tomorrow.

If you happen to know an excellent green tea, will you pretty please, share the information with me? And if it comes with foreign markings, a picture will greatly help if not a detailed description of the packaging. Pretty please?

And why, you ask, am I suddenly in the hankering for green tea? Just read this article for a start. Am I being gullible again? This time, I doubt that.

3 comments:

Anonymous September 24, 2008 at 12:20 AM  

I've heard incredible things about green tea... I really should join this search with you!

Anonymous September 24, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

I love Green Tea!
:)

Anonymous September 25, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

We make our own tea and here is how, just in case you are interested:

http://treasurejar.info/2008/09/19/fresh-lemon-grass-tea/

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP