Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Friday, May 2, 2008

The giggly Xofia is back

cross-eyed
Xofia's OK now. The whole time she was under some kind of medication, we saw to it that either me or my husband made it home every lunchtime and check on her. She's back in her usual giggly and bouncy ways, thank God!

But the nanny is still MIA. Still waiting for her to resurface, which we never doubt, actually. She just needed time off to settle a property her family is planning to sell. Once that's over, she'll be back. We're quite confident on that. In the meantime, I have a Registered Nurse for a nanny. Mommy-Auntie Han :-)

It occured to me that if I were to choose a baby to babysit on, I'd choose Xofia. This peanut hardly ever makes a fuss. Just pop her a Barney or Blue's Clues DVD and you can leave her quite contented. Just don't forget to strap her to her seat, though. After she bathes and eats, she'd wanna sleep. Just put her in her rocking chair and when she's tired enough, she'll doze off to sleep. Eating has never been a problem, she'll open her mouth at a sight of her pink spoon. And you get the complimentary smiles and giggles thrown your way every minute or so. She loves taking a bath and has never complained when her face is washed. Careful with the mouth though, she opens hers when she thinks her face is about to be splashed with water. She wanna taste her bath water--as to why, I'd never know. The only thing that alarms me is her utter fascination on everything fibrous-- from stuff toy hair to human hair to cushion strings, she just wanna taste all. She is one happy child -- and I am one lucky mommy.

Now that I'm on the subject of babysitting, I think I might just as well talk about the prospect of probably getting a new nanny. Nanay is 60+ old already, and Xofia will soon be in a stage where she'd want to crawl and practice walking all the time. I cannot subject Nanay to such physical task of going after her! But I need someone I can trust my life with, someone I can rely to take care and love my Xofia the way Nanay does. If you happen to know of someone, please let me know. I'm an excellent boss :-P

2 comments:

Anonymous May 3, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

aysus hanobayan i can't remember kung ano ba yung openID acct ko. hehe.

Glad to hear Xofie's fine. *kiss kiss*

Purpled Sky May 4, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

hi Tita Jen, thanks for dropping by! Xofia says: dadadaaa ppprrrfffft! hehehe whatever that translates to

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP