Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Impromptu chicken

This is the husband's current favorite. While I was doing my usual breaded breast fillet using my own breading, my mind wondered how this delicate meat would taste like coated in bold, rich spices; pan-fried in butter. And as usual, curiosity got the better of me. I went ahead, thawed the rest of the chicken breast and did all in 20 minutes flat (depending on the size of your pan).

My spice combo is composed of heavenly doses of garlic, black pepper and coriander. Now, where did I get that perfect combo? From McCormick Grill Mates(R) Pepper Steak Seasoning Mix. Fast, easy and hassle-free. OK, OK, I cheated; but a working mom has to think of how to do dishes faster and yet appetizing. This is one of my best-kept secret; which I think is also kept by many. This certain Grill Mates seasoning mix is lucky to stay a day in the shelf. People like me hoard them if given the opportunity to. So, you have to understand that even though I cheated, at least I'm considerate enough to share this with you :-P Anyway, on to the how-to:

Slice 1/2 kg breast chicken fillet to desired thickness. In a large mixing bowl, place the towel-dried breast fillet slices. Sprinkle 1 pack (45 g) McCormick Grill Mates(R) Pepper Steak Seasoning Mix and a little sprinkling of salt onto the meat, making sure all sides are covered.

In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat butter until no longer foamy. Pan-fry each fillet slices turning over only when brown on different areas.

Enjoy the fruits of your labor! :-D


Take me to HOME COOKING tab

7 comments:

Anonymous July 19, 2008 at 10:23 PM  

OMG - this looks soooo yummy!!

And I wouldn't call that cheating - at all! If that's the definition of cheating - lol - then my boys have never had a home cooked meal in their life. ;)

Okay, okay - I do actually make meals at home, it's just that, um, I always use store-bought spices. But man - if I lived anywhere near you and got to try your cooking? I'd never be able to lose these extra pounds.

lol - hey girl, Scrapbook Saturday is up and I've added you to the blogroll. I see we BOTH like to use Scrapblog! hee-hee - you might find my scrap for today looking a wee bit familiar. ;)

Purpled Sky July 20, 2008 at 2:49 PM  

thanks, mammadawg! sure, i cook for my friends all the time. just come on over and i'll whip up anything you fancy. lol

so, we're both scrapping newbies. thank god for scrapblog, huh! :-) was already late when i learned that SS was up. will try next saturday, though.

thanks for dropping by! :-)

cherry July 20, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

I've been seeing those grill mates on the spice racks in the grocery where I shop. Now I know what to do with them. =)

Purpled Sky July 20, 2008 at 6:27 PM  

good luck, girlfas! the key is to experiment and to not get discouraged easily if some don't turn out good :-)

Constance Chan July 29, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

oh that makes me drool!

Dani In NC August 6, 2008 at 1:57 AM  

Thanks for the dinner suggestion! My husband bought a freezer's worth of boneless, skinless chicken breasts when they were on sale here for 99 cents/pound. I'm running out of quick and simple ideas of what to do with them. I'll definitely give this a try.

Purpled Sky August 6, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

Dani, I am notorious with my kitchen experiments. That is how I get to learn all these LOL

Hope you enjoy your dinner :-)

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP