Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Friday, June 13, 2008

Xofia turned 11

...months old yesterday. Aside from waking up in her sleep to grope for her blinky and with eyes closed, stuff it in her mouth, she's learned to stand up using whatever support she can grab from around her. She'd then flail her arms around for a good 2 seconds then slump back on her butt if she's too late to grab something for support. Good progress, if you ask me :-P

But here's my thing. Used to be that whenever we get home from work, the husband and I would get the same amount of attention and giggle from her. Lately, she'd just throw a little smile my way which is no more than perfunctory, and proceed to crane her neck to check outside for her daddy. Once her daddy opens the front door, she'd jump triumphantly and giggle loudly. She'd then follow her daddy with her eyes wherever he goes while I feel dejected in the corner. What happened here?

It all started when I went to accompany my mother to Manila (which btw, renewed my vow to never live there even if I was paid to, the traffic is beyond terrible it made me miss Cebu sorely) for two days. I don't know what my husband did when I was away, but I'm pretty sure that would explain Xofia's behavior. I am so investigating. :-P

Anyway, my sister kidnapped the camera for their Moalboal trip. After grave threats of you-better-get-a-good-picture-of-xofia-first, which she more than willingly complied, the camera went with her, and yes, the pictures are still in the memory card. I forgot another grave threat of you-better-download-the-pics-first. So, in lieu of Xofie's picture showing off her new skill of standing up, here's the scrapbook I made for when she was two months old. (I know, I know, I'm 9 months late). I happen to look back how, not so long ago, she can't even crawl no matter how much she'd try. Time flies, and all these are happening so fast. I pray I can hold on to every moment and capture them but I'm afraid it's not as easy as I thought it would be. Hope you enjoy this anyway inasmuch as I enjoyed making it :-)

6 comments:

Unknown June 14, 2008 at 12:28 PM  

Time flies doesn't it? My rugrats are also growing so fast. In fact my oldest already bought his own car.

Purpled Sky June 15, 2008 at 7:03 AM  

It does! But it doesn't speak how envious I am of you for having 5 beautiful children at your age. Had I known, I would've wanted to start early, but then again, I don't think I'd have the maturity you had. :-)

Zeee June 17, 2008 at 3:30 PM  

awww she's adorable!

btw I dropped by from pexlinks and recently got my own domain. If you could just fave me again on technorati I would really appreciate it thanks!

here’s my technorati fave link technorati.com/faves/?add=http://www.betterthanezrah.com

mckhoii June 18, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

Hey friend! I tagged you. It's a very easy tag. Check out fagtag #13 @ www.mckhoii.com. Hope you'll retag soon! don't forget to link back! go blogs bloom!

Catherine June 24, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

means soon will be celebrating his 1st birthday? Congratulations!

Anyway, got a tag for you PostPost. Have a great day!

Catherine June 24, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

It's me again! Sorry I think I mentioned your name wrong... Should be purpled sky.... Haha...!

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP