Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Monday, March 16, 2009

Welcome to our home

Hi, thanks for coming over. Welcome to my living room. Make yourself at home. I hope the furniture is warm and cozy enough.

What can I get you? I have freshly brewed iced tea and freshly-squeezed tropical fruit juices. It's humid, but no matter, I just plainly love our weather! Anyway, I guess we better help ourselves to an air-conditioned room. Come, follow me. I had a hard time looking for the perfect living room furniture. The market nowadays is cramped with contemporary, sleek, futuristic designs. I love the plain, old-fashioned comfort. This one imparts a sense of warmth and historic feel to the room. Don't you agree?

Oh, let me show you the rooms upstairs.

I know I only have a twin bed here, but I'm planning to change this one to a more spacious queen-sized. Me and the husband doesn't like extra luxurious bedroom furniture. The thing that really matters is that the mattress is extra comfortable. You might say that the room is too youthful. That is just what I was trying to achieve. I hate four-posters, but gosh, how I swoon over storage beds. Crazy? Nah, I love the freshness and the extra storage spaces.

This is the Princess' but she can only hold on to it long enough. She loves that the bed has an "attic" where the loft bed is located. I like how the cubbyholes are designed beautifully to blend in with the rest of the design. It keeps her toys, knick-knacks and whatnots neatly in order.


When she's older she may move into this room which I already prepared for her.

I can't imagine her liking to stay in this floral-bordered pastel-themed room forever, though. I bet after high school, she'd wanna move in here.

I may have to change the beddings to suit her, but that can wait. I like how the storage is neatly tucked in this loft bed. She can just hide the pull-out to use the workstation, pull a chair -- it's all so clutter-free. The bed maximizes the room for some other things I know she'd have a lot of come college.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
OK, enough dreaming! Back to reality, but before you do, check out furniturefromhome's Captain Bed. Or you can use their Advanced Search feature to refine your searches based on your preferred room, style, and color. I had so much fun visiting the rooms and dreaming my dream home! :-)


5 comments:

Marjie March 16, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

Wow...those were nice rooms. I totally have the same fantasy now. Lol.

Glad to stumble upon your blog through entrecard.

Tim March 18, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

I'll take a glass of iced tea please. :) And I like the more traditional style furniture also, however some of the modern stuff is starting to grow on me as well.

Dont forget to register for the giveaway if you havent already.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

MammaDawg March 19, 2009 at 4:18 AM  

LOL - they are absolutely beautiful, though!

iceah March 19, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

ow...I just wish my home to be would be that nice c:

Lesley March 24, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

Your dream living room...so yummy...and I want to thank you so much for your kind words and wishes..they really have meant so much...thank you....and some clicky love for you too...

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP