Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Broccoli and prawns stir-fry

It was all I could ever wished for. I think not a day has passed since I had the duo (grill pan and wok) that I haven't used them. I cannot believe why I waited this long to have a grill pan, it's totally crazy! And the wok? HA! I think I just told the husband that I am never going back to using any other wok, ever! See how gorgeous and spacious that is!

I thought stir-fries can never go any easier. Then I stir-fried using THE wok, and guess what, it was so so much easier, I'd like to stir-fry anything and give some to the neighbors :-) Of course, there's a lot that I can do with the wok (I think I may be trying paella soon) but for now, let me give you this awesome broccoli and prawns stir-fry dish.


Recipe

  • olive oil
  • 5 cloves garlic, pressed and chopped finely
  • thumb-sized ginger, grated (I used microplane zester)
  • 1 red onions, sliced
  • three medium heads broccoli cut into florets, washed and drained
  • three prawns, shelled and cut in bite-sized pieces
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock
  • salt
  1. In a heated wok, pour 2 tbsp olive oil and saute the prawns. As soon as they turn pinkish, set these little guys aside.
  2. In the same pan, heat another 2 tbsp olive oil and saute the aromatics: garlic, ginger, then onions. You'd want the oil to get all that infused flavor.
  3. Mix in the broccoli florets and stir fast coating each floret with the flavorful oil. All these must be done in high heat.
  4. Pour the chicken stock.
  5. As soon as the florets change color, add in the reserved prawns. Give another minute to mix these little guys in, season with salt, then turn off heat.
  6. Serve immediately onto a plate. Be careful not to let the stir-fry sit in the wok long after it's done because the heat in the wok will overcook the dish.

Take me to HOME COOKING tab

1 comments:

Marjie March 16, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

hey that looks great.....i should try that in my own kitchen. Glad I stumbled upon your blog thru entrecard =)

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP