Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Friday, October 9, 2009

Watch your mouth, Mommy!

We found out that having Xofia watch TV later in the night towards her bedtime contributes to her restlessness during the night. There are nights that she'd sit up in the middle of her sleep and whimper. It's scary. There are also nights that she'd continue popping bubbles or calling TV characters with eyes closed. So we stopped the videos right away. Her nighttime activity must only include light play. No excessive mental and physical stimulation. Not even potty-training. It settled her a bit, and I was afforded an additional snooze time.

It's amazing how she accumulates words everyday. We talk to her in straight, big people words, no baby-talk allowed in the house. She'd repeat the words you said and get those words real fast. Before you know it, she'd be talking to you using those words. It's wonderful! Well, only for those words you'd like for her to learn!

Last night at the dinner table, while I was busy strapping her to her seat, she grabbed my soup bowl. Because you never know what two-year olds do with ceramic soup bowls, I hurried to yank it from her hands. In my haste, I stubbed my little toe! Because it was so darn painful, the F-word escaped from my mouth.

Xofia looked at me and said with such gusto, "f**k!" She was beaming ever so proudly, I was lost and sat there unbelieving and immobile.

The three of us, me, my husband and sister looked at each other and laughed.

Big mistake, Mommy. Big mistake.

3 comments:

peenkfrik October 11, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

OMG! I can't believe she's learning too fast. She's still a kid and eventually learn what is right. I remember that I was in first grade when I realized it was wrong to cheat during exams. :D

Glittersmoke November 16, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

Hi! I stumbled upon your blog and I couldn't help but find this story funny.

Reminds of the time my little sister learned the word "gago".

Ayayay. lol

DebbieDana November 20, 2009 at 3:44 AM  

Oh my, oh my! kids really learn so easily, and so fast!

With Daniel, I only let him watch educational shows and at night time when his Daddy and I want to watch a movie, we make sure that Daniel is already in his bedroom sleeping so he couldn't watch or hear anymore, just in case, there are violent or adult content of the movie.

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP