Where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story...

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Don't mess with Xofia's heart, you hear?

It's been more than a week since Xofia's transcath ASD closure procedure. She's back to normal even before now, she was back to her old silly self the moment we came home that Saturday. And me? I could never be any happier. Totally broke, but perfectly happy, nothing could really affect me, even with my no-carb diet.

It's a wonder how, this being, this person who entered my life a little over a year ago changes everything. My outlook, my perceptions, my reasoning. You can say that this little girl has such an influence in me. And what an influence it is! I knew I was tough, I've always known to stand up and speak out, and I've thread through life chin up no matter what. But I never knew I could be this strong as to go through what I went through. To stay whole and still find beauty in things I see.

And what a husband I have! In moments that I find myself shoulders hunched down and sobbing, my husband has kept the optimism. He is always the calm, level-headed, rational one. I am always the passionate, impulsive one. What a team we make!

At the end of it all, I can't help but thank the heavens for giving me such a beautiful family. We are not perfect, but we are perfect for each other.

So... fifteen or so years from now, if I happen to see some teenage nitwit messing with my Xofia's heart, I am so ripping that boy's heart literally, if I could. I'd like to get that heart out, bore a hole, and see if his mother can go through fixing that hole as I went through fixing Xofia's. I guess what I'm saying really is, boys, don't be messing with my daughter, and mothers, tell your boys to steer clear.

8 comments:

DebbieDana May 20, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

I couldn't help but shed tears reading your post! I admire you for having the courage and strength and hope while dealing with Xofia's situation. God bless you and your family more!


Debbie

Ebie May 20, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

A good post, and I love that motherly instinct! Take care, the three of you have each other.

Anonymous May 20, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

thank you for the gift of love and for xofi, langga.

p.s. and fathers, tell your boys not to mess with xofi's mom.

The Mother May 21, 2009 at 11:08 PM  

It is amazing how fast little ones bounce back from procedures that would have adults moaning for weeks.

Someday Xofia is going to grow up, and then that heart will be hers to mess with, not yours to protect. It's the hardest thing mothers do--watching their children pull away. But it is also the most rewarding.

I'll tell my boys to steer clear. You even scare ME.

khalasan May 21, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

That's pure motherly instinct. ;)

I wish you, Xofia and the rest of your family all the best.

MaricrisG May 23, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

The inner tiger in you! I'm glad things went well. What was Xofia's condition? I pray for a quick recovery and a healthy years ahead for you all.

carey May 25, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

What an experience your family went through... and thankfully, Xofia is doing fine now. She's such a sweet and cute kid, I bet she will be breaking a lot of hearts when she grows up. :)

Anonymous June 6, 2009 at 1:30 AM  

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

======================================================

dNeero Convos

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP